28.11.10

The Sound of Camden


I've always been a fan of ex-Sugababe, Mutya Buena. She always seemed to have a lot of problems with the media while being part of the girl band, and after the Sugababes seized to exist, I kind of lost track of her for a while.

However, her vocals were always very impressive, and even with the Sugababes pop profile, songs like "Lost in You" impressed me a lot. Later she came out with songs like "This is Not Real Love" in a duet with George Michael which showed that her range was impressive.

She is out with a new album which covers many songs of the 90's. The album is called The Sound of Camden. I really like her spin on the songs, and I reaaaally like her voice. There is something very attractive about it. I was very excited when I saw that she covered Rolling Stones' "Anybody Seen My Baby" because it is possibly my most favorite Rolling Stones song, and I was real interested to see what she would do with the song.

I really like it, but, please, judge for yourself. You can listen to the song here.

No comments:

Post a Comment