28.11.10

Carriers

I was never a big fun of horror movies, and the reason for that is very simple - I get easily scared by ghosts,zombies and other similar shit. At the same time, I am a big fun of post-apocalyptic movies and since post apocalyptic and horror genres often intertwine, sometimes I watch horror-apocalyptic movies.

I was scrolling through different movies on Wednesday night and I realized that Chris Pine(the actor I recently watch all the movies with ) has a main part in the movie Carriers. So I gave it a try, regardless the horror genre it had written in the description.

The premise of the movie is simple: some kind of flue pandemic spread around the globe, killing mostly everybody.The only survivals try to avoid big cities and coming in contact with other people; since the virus is highly contagious and its often very hard to tell if someone has it or not. The idea is simple and is very real(we did have an epidemic in Mexico about a year ago). Throughout the movie, our protagonists have to make a series of difficult moral decisions in order to survive. What makes this movie exciting is that you can't but constantly relate to the main characters and keep on questioning your self, wondering what would you do, being in their shoes. Overall it was an OK "horror" movie with pretty good and very convincing acting from Chris Pine. If you have an extra evening to waste and you are in the mood for a semi scary post apocalyptic film, Carriers is the way to go.



Boy in Plaid

No comments:

Post a Comment