27.11.10

Mark Ronson


I am possibly the millionth person to talk about Mark Ronson’s latest album that came out about a month and a half ago, but I am going to do it anyway. The album called Record Collection is by Ronson and The Business Intl plus a dozen other artists ranging form Boy George to D’Angelo (!).

I heard a lot about the album for while before it finally hit store shelves from the hip I-don’t-listen-to-radio-hits crowd. I thought I would wait and see for myself.

Honestly, I thought that the highly anticipated album was doomed to suffer the inevitable – self-implode. The huge number of serious artists on the album, most of whom you can hardly call commecial, Ronson’s stint as designer of super exclusive custom kicks for Gucci, and his great style when it comes to… well, anything, all served as reason. To be frank, being the musical-fashion obsessive that I am, it seemed too good to be true. But guess what, it is true. The album is fresh, unlike anything else I heard in a while, it has Ronson’s stamp and style on it, and the guests performers seem to have been picked out perfectly for every single track. All the different music blended together to create a complete album. Surprisingly, it was also very unpretentious, which is not always the case when it comes to the I-don’t-listen-to-radio-hits crowd.

I can’t tell if it’s Mark Ronson’s unstoppable growth and progress, his innate talent when it comes to sound, or his new hair, but the album is definitely worth a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment