26.12.10

An Unlikely Christmas Worth Remembering

I have a love-hate relationship with airlines (with the hate part usually outweighing the love part by a margin). I know I couldn't go places that I love without them, but when every time you board a plane, you learn new rules about flying (it started with pay per view films and stretched to pay per rest pillows), it becomes frustrating to say the least. What gets me the most is that it seems like while you usually pay a significant amount of money for at times questionable comfort and service (on top of that you get your luggage lost, your plane delayed, and a fee the price of the initial ticket to get a date changed), at the end of it all it feels like they couldn't care less. You step off a plane and you see tired, expressionless faces, and undeniably, frustration starts creeping in.

But, there are exceptions apparently. And as much as I hate when it happens, I have to admit, I got proven wrong on the 'they couldn't care less' part. Apparently some could. Spanair did a wonderful gesture to their passengers on a flight between Barcelona and Las Palmas on the 24th of December. The flight started at around 20:00, and when it landed it was almost midnight. Check out the video to see how Spanair tried to brighten the mood and add a little celebration into an otherwise blah Christmas Eve.



P.S. Recently, I have made several posts about advertising, and I have to say, this is another great example. But, I rather not look at it from that perspective. Firstly, because it's a nice gesture regardless. And secondly, because a part of me still believes in Santa, and if he had anything to do with this, I don't want him to find out that I doubted him when he comes to pregnantwhalescanboogie to get an update on Alex's new photography. I don't even celebrate Catholic Christmas, but hey, 'tis the season to be jolly falalalala lala lala.

No comments:

Post a Comment