28.12.10

Most Stylish

Designer.

Being an avid reader of GQ (I kid not, I am, quite possibly, their #1 fan among females. And, like, #7 among males), I pay a huge amount of attention to what they talk about fashion-wise, how they style their editorials, and the products they endorse. I think that even a man that has no idea what a pocket square is can appear to be a style expert if he strategically follows what GQ has to say. I'm not saying, you copy what you see on the photograph, but you follow the rules, be realistic about your body structure, and shop wisely.

Anyway, now that that is written, I hate to delete it, but I was actually not going to write about GQ. The reason why I did start with GQ, however, is because I wanted to say that despite being one of my favorite magazines, it is not the people on the pages of GQ that I consider the most stylish. I agree that they all look like dapper devils, but who doesn't look amazing in GQ? These guys are experts at what they do, and they can take the most helpless example and turn them into Alain Delon.

The most stylish guys are the ones that look super sharp without a dozen people working on everything from the color of their socks to their skin tone looking like one just came back from the Bahamas. The most stylish guys are the ones that I run across (or, preferably, into) randomly. Whether it's a friend of a friend that always looks great every time you see him, or a photograph of someone on the internet, or a stranger that you have been stalking lately.

While I will not rule out the other two, the place I find stylish people mostly are random pictures I come across browsing the internet, or reading something that is not fashion related. One gentleman that blows my mind every time I see him mentioned somewhere is Philip Crangi. He is not exactly unknown, but neither is he some huge celebrity that shows up in every tabloid imaginable. He is a jewelry designer, and a really, really good-looking guy in every sense. I decided to post about him here because he is a perfect example of how a man should create his own elegance by following the rules that need be followed, but adding his own flair to the equation. He has his own style, and there might be people who don't agree with all of his sartorial choices (the man jewelry, the facial hair, the tattoos, etc), but no matter what your cup of tea is fashion-wise, you can't help but be enamored with the way he presents himself, because he owns it. Check out the pictures of this super cool guy below.






No comments:

Post a Comment